Saturday, February 11, 2006
Back in the day
I miss back in the day.
2. The cold chilly morning waiting for someone to get out of a sleeping bag to start hot water and breakfast on the campfire stove.
3. Camping with friends and family.
4. Starring up at the stars.
5. People telling silly stories around the fire.
6. Everyone eating a good smokey meal.
7. The smell of your clothes when all the smoke blows towards you and gets in your face, making you gag and run away from it.
8. Collecting the firewood for the fire.
9. The crackle the fire makes as it licks at the wood.
10. I plain miss that from the old days. Back in the day.
11. I miss the feel of hiking boots.
12. Kicking the dirt with your boots. Aw that was fun.
13. I even miss trying to clean up dishes and fold up camp and moving on to the next spot.
14. I miss trying to take a bath in the creek or lake and the hairs on your head freezing to death.
15. I Miss Back in the Day.
Now why do I miss these things? I just do, the reason, isn't one really . The thought just came upon me. Tonight not much going on around the homestead. Just switching channels from Olympics to Movies to crazy shows like,Trick your Big Rig out. Who knows. It's a crazy night tonight. Boring mostly. There is a million and one things I could do. But, will I do any of them. I think not. To much effort. I have no effort tonight. None. No not now.
Ambition: left When I left work today that was the end. Veggin pretty much. Maybe that's why I want to Campfire. No phones, No computer's, No TV. Just Nature..... Good ole Nature. BACK IN THE DAY...... Signing off going to bed take care all. Sleep tight... When you still sleeping in tomorrow you can rest assured I will be at Uhaul renting a truck to Grouchy People. Yes I long for BACK IN THE DAY....