Thursday, April 19, 2007

Banana Bready Yummy!!!!


The recipe is from a "Sunset Ideas and Recipes for Breakfast and Brunch", copyright 1982. From there it came from my cousin Brandi. Everyone loves this recipe...it is easy...plus the bread is moist and tasty.

Moist Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I just use 3 medium or 4 small bananas)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
plus I add a dash of pure vanilla extract (our secret ingredient)

Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside to cool. In a large bowl mash bananas and sugar, add vanilla and egg and stir to combine.In another bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.Add butter to banana mixture then add flour mixture..and mix just until moistened. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. You can make one large regular loaf or 4 mini loaves.Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 to 55 mins. Until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool completely before slicing.

ENJOY!

8 comments:

JustMeShann said...

Hey My Life Long Friend, how was the card class or party? The bread looks REILLY GOOD!!! Are you feeling better? I love the video of Jack!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh yum!!! good girl... now i have to go bake, i'm hungry!

smiles, bee

Sandee said...

Callie, now I'm hungry for banana bread. It looks very yummy.

Qustion, where did you get the pledge? I would love one on my sidebar :)

Michele said...

That's exactly what I want, a nice moist banana bread recipe.
I can't wait to try it. They look absolutely scrumptious!

Angie said...

Oh man that bread looks good! Yummy yummy yummy!

Sarge Charlie said...

I think you are feeling better... I am still out in the tree line just in case

Callie Ann said...

I am glad, did Mrs.Bee send you out to the tree line with any of the banana bread?

Barb said...

I LOVE banana bread!!!