Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How come I just now find out about this?



So last weekend I am over at The Stampinup ladies house "Melissa" and in her window sill is 3 glasses that state the following:

Tap
Bottled
Micro

In each glasses is the stem from a plant.

The Tap water looks okay
The Bottled water is already growing a big lump of roots
The Microwaved has a dead stem in it.

So What does this dang thing mean. Suposedly means don't microwave your water, You may dry up. Hmm. Guess I will investigate this further. I will probably be freaked out and never use the microwave again. Gads what next. If you know anything about this experiment or something about the microwave thing please feel free to comment and tell me what you know. Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

5 comments:

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Well, I haven't a clue CallieAnnBratGirlfriend. I didn't know this either. I just drink bottled water. Have a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

take a look at: http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp

JustMeShann said...

Well hell, that snopes settled that... Where are you Girl! I miss you doing this blog thing... I feel as if I am blogging to a wall! Has marriage, grandchild and one on the way taken you from this crazy internet world! Oh My! Yes, I am rambling and when you read it you will think I am crazy, but hey I might just be... Ya know it runs in the family for heaven sakes... Well, I am done ranting and raving... Ya get bored wonder on over the www. justmeshann.blogspot.com site, just in case you forgot where it was in all... This is sort of fun rambling on like this... By the way, when is that brother of yours getting here? Maybe that is where you are??? Hark, where in Orgonia is CallieAnn??? Finders keepers! Ha! Oh ya! By the way you have been tagged by JustMe! Love ya, JustMeShann

Mo said...

Callie - from what I've read, other than Snopes, it seems that if water is microwaved for a long period, it basically becomes distilled.
This is different than purified (filtered) water - which is bottled water.
Distilled water has basically all the suspended oxygen taken from it. That would be my guess why plants would not root in microwaved water - distilled water wouldn't have the oxygen that plant roots need.
I know that you CANNOT use distilled water for aquarium fish. They will suffocate.
You CAN use filtered water for aquarium fish, but tap water left to dechlorinate overnight and then with a fish-safe tap water conditioner is best.
In other words, since we humans don't need the oxygen in water to survive, microwaved water (and food) should be perfectly safe to ingest.
Hope this helps!
mo

crazy working mom said...

Wow, sounds like Mo is our very own Snopes, 'eh?!

Merry Christmas, Callie.