Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why do I get excited about the Snow?

Why? Well, cause it hardly ever snows here in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Reason 200 Ft. Elevation. I grew up in Pollock Pines and we would have upwards of 2 to 4 ft of snow several times a year. That had an elevation of 4,000 ft. It was right off of Highway 50 going towards Tahoe.
So I have lived in Oregon 18 years now. So yeah I miss the snow. So this is like a huge event for me and my kids. Jessica is almost ready to pop, so me and her can't go sledding. Darn, Darn, Darn.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

18 years... has it been that long?

Brandi said...

Yeah snow...beats the heck out of rain any day!

I hope we get some when Shann is out here. That would be so cool! I'm so punny!

Hey you should put some in a bowl and let Jack build a snowman on a plate and put it in the freezer. My kids love to do that.
Or put a snowball in there and pull it out in July! :)
Enjoy!

JustMeShann said...

Cal, it looks so pretty!!! all we have is rain... Thanks for sharing, we sure do have a lot of memories up the hill, those were the days... Makes me smile to think of all we did with you & Jake...