Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Diabetes Month

Seems I have been a diagnosed diabetic for about 11 years now. Probably longer than that, if a Blood Sugar testing device were hanging around. This ornery disease has been a constant in my family in the older people. Seems I got it a lot sooner than they all did. Yes, I was plumply over weight. Yes, I hardly exercised. Well, no, now that I think about it. When I was diagnosed, I was at the health club everyday and had lost 80 pounds and (oh yes stress) I was going through a divorce at the time.. Okay so now what... I will tell you when I am stressed it causes my blood sugars to go (up up and away in that beautifu..... Oh sorry). So yeah stress is mostly an unavoidable factor.

So check out some of the links below... test yourself, test your family. Be aware of the signs, it does matter. When caught in an early stage, you can reduce lasting damage to your body and get it under control faster when you watch your diet (I hate that word) exercise and just plain pay attention.

Ask your doctor to preform an A1C test on you. It's a fasting test they can take to see what your average blood sugar levels are at.

American Diabetes Month 2008

push for link

November is American Diabetes Month®, a time to bring even greater awareness and attention to the seriousness of diabetes, its deadly complications, and the importance of proper diabetes control. This year, the American Diabetes Association is asking the American public, "Why should you care about diabetes?"

Throughout the month, the American Diabetes Association will conduct activities – and encourage others across the country – to get involved in efforts to raise awareness about diabetes and its serious complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, blindness and amputations.

Please check it out if you are unaware about Diabetes...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year I lost 2 family members to diabetes - Hubbby's dad (10-17-07) and Uncle Rick (11-04-07).

Sad...

Sarge Charlie said...

What the hell, we recovered from the Carter years.