Sunday, September 25, 2005

Introducing my friend Shannon


THOUGHT FOR FRIENDSHIP
Friendship is not just the name of an ordinary feeling, but it is the name of the feelings of understanding, honesty, and frankness between two persons, and these feelings keep the two very special persons bounded together and such a frienship lies in two of us.


Just wanted everyone to meet my life long friend Shannon. I have know this wonderful woman since the days that we were born. My first memory was when our Dad's took us Duck Hunting. I remember crying the whole time it was freezing, cold, wet and we were in a duck screen. I remember losing my shoe in the muck somewhere. I was only around 2 years old (I think). Shannon is 8 months younger than me. So maybe I was 3 years old. Anywho the memory she has of the duck hunting trip is of course, Callie crying the whole time. Poor Kid. I miss her some thing awful. She lives in California and I am in Oregon. So visit are far in between. But, we always seem to be able to pick up right where we left off. I love you Shannon!

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

Ya know it is hard to make me cry... You my dear friend are very special to me too... Ya know we have survived raising our kids on the crooked mile of life, always dreaming of the Golden brick road... I am proud now to say I live on the crooked mile... I am tough, thoughtful, caring, and strong because of where I have been... I bet the golden brick road wouldnt have half of the memories I have on the crooked mile of my life...
Isnt it funny how much life we have shared since we were kids... Who would think we would be in our 40's still sharing and missing one another... Your an awesome friend Callie and I charish sharing our lives together, even if we dont get to do it enough... Ya know now that are kids are grown I will have to make way up to you so I can share your life and do some scrapping together to inspire my dead brain cells...
I too remember that trip when you were 3... You were tough crying or not to survive those men... I wonder where our mothers were? I bet yours had a fit when she found out you were in the cold and mud! Just remember those were the "Good Ol Days"
I have one for you to remember... Can you remember being up at Hope Valley snow mobiling and trying to get drunk on ginger ale or towing the tube behind the machine and wrapping each other around trees!
We have had a lot of fun together in our lives, it is great to laugh with a friends...
Well, thats all for now... Friends till the end and beyond... Love Shann