Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Kim Family



I don't know if any of you have been following the Kim Family Story. The Family that had been lost in Oregon since thanksgiving. They found Kati Kim and her two daughters on Monday. They had spent 9 days in the car waiting for help. On Saturday James Kim left out on foot to get help for his family. Unfortunately they found his body today. They are a young family. Anyway, a friend and Artist of Kati's, Lisa Congdon drew the memorial above for James. Lisa and her sister and mom are going to be organizing a fund raiser for Kati and the Girls. Her is a link to Lisa's site, they well soon set something up. So keep checking her blog for updates. Lisa's blog

5 comments:

JustMeShann said...

My heart is so sad for this family... Such a young family to loose a father that loved them all so much... So sad...

Anonymous said...

It's a bad deal for sure... but let's keep some perspective here. A fund raiser is a great idea, but the Kim's are not even close to hurting financially. Collect that money for the homeless, homeland defense, or the Minutemen… whatever yanks your chain - but the Kim’s don’t need cash. There are so many unanswered questions here… not the least of which is who should pay for rescue effort? Perhaps you should collect the funds and give them to the State of Oregon. I don’t think we should reward stupidity or bad judgment – and I don’t really like paying for it either. You’ve heard of Darwin right… we’ll here is the classic example. Tragic? Yes, life’s a bitch then you die! I know that’s cruel, but go talk to the friends and family of all the people drunk drivers have killed – talk about the innocent!!

Callie Ann said...

Hi Anonymous,

Most times I would agree with you, but learning more and more facts and having a link to the family in a way. I have a different opinion this particular time. Thanks for you opinion. Personally, I always think an opinion posted with a name gives more weight to their thoughts. Next time you should use your name behind your weight. Beut, then you would probably be the kind that would just make up a name, now wouldn't you.

Callie

Anonymous said...

‘Anonymous said’... yeah me again. You're right, perhaps I should leave a name, but as you said it would be meaningless anyway… that said, did you think about what I wrote? Seems so, which was the point after all. To me, the idea carries the weight not the individual articulating it.

Callie Ann said...

Mr. A

Yes, yes, yes and I did say in my previous post that most times I do totally agree with you on that note.

C