EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE:
1. An old love she can imagine going back to, & one who reminds her how far she has come.
2. Enough money in her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to, or needs to.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour.
4. A youth she is content to leave behind.
5. A past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age.
6. The realization that she is actually going to have an old age and some $ set aside to fund it.
7. A set of screw drivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
8. One friend who always makes her laugh and one that always lets her cry.
9. A good piece of furniture not previously owned by any one else in her family.
10. 8 matching plates, wine glasses w/ stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored.
11. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW:
1. How to fall in love w/out losing herself.
2. How to quit a job, break up w/ a lover, and confront a friend without ruining a friendship.
3. When to try harder.
4. When to walk away.
5. How to have a good time at a party she'd never choose to attend.
6. How to ask for what she wants in a way that makes it most likely she'll get it.
7. That she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents.
8. That her childhood may not have been perfect, but it is over.
9. What she would and wouldn't do for love or more.
10. How to live alone, even if she doesn't like it.
11. Who she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally.
12. Where to go, be it to her best friends kitchen table, or a charming inn in the woods, when her soul needs soothing.
13. What she can and can't accomplish in a day, a month, and a year.